Have you seen the film? If not, it’s the story of a social studies teacher who gives an assignment to his junior high school class to think of an idea to change the world for the better, then put it into action. When one young student creates a plan for “paying forward” favors, he not only affects the life of his struggling single mother, but he sets in motion an unprecedented wave of human kindness which, unbeknownst to him, has blossomed into a profound national phenomenon.
Here are some ways how we as recruitment professionals can practice human kindness alongside running a business:
- Offer connections to candidates or clients that will help them
- Help and communicate kindly with candidates that you know you won’t be able to place
- Advise a candidate to take a job if you believe it’s the right one for them, even if it’s not through you
- Offer advice to clients on how to write a job desciption or just do it for them
- Re-write a CV and give feedback even if you know you can’t help the candidate
- Take and return calls, always
There are hundreds of ways we can impact lives around us when we communicate with so many on a daily basis.
If you haven’t seen the film give it a go!